Top Headlines Impacting Commercial Real Estate in Dayton
June 15, 2016 / By Dave Dickerson, President/Partner
Below is a brief summary of the leading commercial real estate news articles for the Dayton region from May 26 – June 3, 2016. Sign up here to have these informative summaries sent directly to your inbox on a biweekly basis.
May 26, 2016
US Aeroteam looking to move into former Moraine GM plant
- US Aeroteam, a major local defense contractor, is planning to relocate from Grange Hall Road in Beavercreek into a portion of the former GM facility in Moraine.
- The company would be moving into the north-easternmost part of the 400-acre complex located at 2601 W. Stroop Road.
- US Aeroteam pledged to create 37 full-time jobs and $1.6M in new annual payroll by the end of 2019 at the new Moraine location.
May 27, 2016
Good Samaritan Homes LLC moves into vacant Dayton warehouse
- The company that provides health care and packaging services plans to move to a long-vacant Dayton warehouse at 1784 Stanley Ave.
- The company is leasing the 77,000-square-foot warehouse, twice the size of its current location, from a Lexington-based developer.
- The new location will help the company pursue larger contracts, encourage growth and possibly create more than 100 new jobs.
Xenia plans sale of former Kmart location
- Xenia’s city council will vote to sell the 55,000-square-foot location, which includes the building and parking lot along U.S. 42, for $800,000.
- The developer, Brandicorp, based out of Bellevue, Ky, has proposed redeveloping the 5.6-acre site into restaurants and retail space.
Dayton developer plans possible retail building in Beavercreek
- Plans include an 8,000-square-foot retail building in Beavercreek that would include multiple tenants.
- The site is located on Dayton Xenia Road near Route 35.
May 31, 2016
Korrect Plumbing, Heating & Air plans new office
- The Trotwood company has doubled its staff over the past five years and is now planning to build a new 6,500-square-foot office at 7967 W. Third St. across from its current location.
- The new office building is expected to break ground around mid-July.
Developers to purchase Third Street property
- The Ellway Group is under contract to purchase the 140 and 146 E. Third St. property.
- They are assessing the buildings for the possible use of apartments or condos on the upper floors.
- The lower floors of the property are currently occupied by Dayton Computer Store and Bingers Bar and there is a possibility those tenants will stay after renovations are complete.
June 2, 2016
Oakwood retail center purchased for $845,000
- The two-story retail and office building located in Oakwood at 2310 Far Hills Ave. sold to by RAH & H Investments LLC for $845,000.
- The property includes a 15,000-square-foot building with a 5,000-square-foot basement.
- The seller was represented by Steve Ireland of Miller-Valentine Group Reality Services.
June 3, 2016
Defense contractor plans new office in Beavercreek
- Booz Allen Hamilton, a management consulting and technology firm, plans to combine its two Dayton-area offices into an entirely new space in order to recruit new talent and attract more clients.
- The national firm that contracts with the U.S. Air Force, will combine its Kettering and Beavercreek locations into a new 30,000-square-foot space at 3800 Pentagon Blvd.