Research & Pricing Trends
Thoroughly research all possibilities.
A key step in the real estate selection process is research. You will not be able to effectively compare the alternatives without accurate and comprehensive data. Below are examples of the types of information you may need. Your industrial realtor should be able to help you acquire some of this information.
- Local and regional demographics (population, unemployment rate, household income)
- Labor availability and skill level
- Wage rates
- State and local incentives
- Tax rates
- Proximity to customers, suppliers, and competitors
- Employee commute times
- Nearby restaurants and amenities
Many times data is best evaluated on a map.
Many industrial site selectors use Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping technology to make data about a site meaningful. Using GIS mapping can expose hidden relationships and patterns in your data that are impossible to see in a spreadsheet. Displaying data on a map will not only paint a clearer picture of your options, it will reveal options that you did not even know existed.